Phone: (04) 829-3199
b. Romania, 1952. B.Sc., Technion-I.I.T., 1975, M.Sc., Technion-I.I.T., 1978. Research Fellow, Aerospace Dept., Delft Univ., The Netherlands, D.Sc., Technion-I.I.T., 1983, Rafael A.D.A., 1983-1985, Fuse Dept., Telkoor Electronics Ltd. 1985-1986. At Technion since 1986. Guest Professor, ETH Zurich, Institut fur Leichtbau und Seilbahntechnik, Switzerland 1996-1998. Senior Lecturer since 1990.
Smart/intelligent structures, piezolaminated structures. Structural dynamics and stability, composite materials, impact on structures. Imperfections, vibrations and stability of shells and plates.
1. Abramovich, H. and Meyer-Piening, H.-R.,Actuation and sensing of soft core sandwich plates with a built-in adaptive layer, J. of Sandwich Structures & Materials, Vol.3, No.1, January 2001, pp.75-86.
2. Miller, S. E., Oshman, Y. and Abramovich, H., A selective modal control theory for piezolaminated anisotropic shells, J. of Guidance, Control and, Dynamics, Vol. 24, No. 4, July-August, 2001, pp.844-852
3. Abramovich, H., Singer, J. and Weller, T., The influence of repeated buckling on the geometrical imperfections of stiffened cylindrical shell under combined loading, in Int. J. of Non-Linear Mechanics, 37(2002), pp.577-588.
4. Waisman, H. and Abramovich, H., Active Stiffening of Laminated Composite Beams Using Piezoelectric Actuators, Composite Structures, Vol. 58, Issue 1, pp. 109-120, Oct. 2002.
5. Waisman, H. and Abramovich, H., Variation of Natural Frequencies of Beams Using the Active Stiffening Effect, Composites Part B: Engineering, Vol. 33, Issue 6, pp. 415-424, Sept. 2002.
6. Yocum, M. and Abramovich, H., Static Behavior of Piezoelectric Actuated beams, Computers & Structures, Vol. 80, Issue 23, pp.1797-1808, Sept. 2002.
7. Abramovich, H. and Livshits, A., Flexural vibrations of piezolaminated slender beams: A balanced model, Journal of Vibration and Control, Nov 2002; Vol. 8, Issue 8; pp. 1105-1121.
8. Yaffe, R. and Abramovich, H., Dynamic buckling of cylindrical stringer stiffened shells, Computers & Structures, 81 (2003) 1031-1039. Invited paper in honor of 60th birthday of Prof. Bathe (MIT, Editor of Computers & Structures).
9. Yocum, M., Abramovich, H., Grunwald, A. and Mall, S., Fully reversed electromechanical fatigue behavior of composite laminate with embedded piezoelectric actuator/sensor, Smart Materials and Structures, 12 (2003), 1-9.
10. Abramovich, H., Piezoelectric actuation for smart sandwich structures- Closed form solutions, J. of Sandwich Structures & Materials, Vol. 5 (2003), Issue 4, pp 377-350.
11. Rikards, R., Abramovich, H., Green, T., Auzins, J., Chate, A. and Zimmermann, R., Identification of elastic properties of composite laminates, in Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures, Vol. 10, No. 4,Oct-Dec. 2003, pp.335-352.
12. Rikards, R., Abramovich, H., Auzins, J., Korjakins, A., Ozolinsh, O., Kalnins ,K., and Green, T., Surrogate models for optimum design of stiffened composite shells Composite Structures, Vol .63, Issue 2, Feb. 2004, pp.243-251.
13. Edery, L.A. and Abramovich, H., Piezoelectric actuation and sensing mechanisms-closed form solutions, Composite Structures, Vol .64, Issues 3-4, June 2004, pp. 443-453.
14. Elka, E., Elata, D. and Abramovich, H., The electromechanical response of multi- layered piezoelectric structures, J. of Microelectromechanical Systems, A Joint IEEE/ASME Publication on Microstructures, Microactuators, Microsensors and Microsystems, Vol. 13, No.2 , April 2004, pp. 332-341 .
15. Waisman, H. and Abramovich, H., Open loop flutter analysis of composite UAV model considering the active stiffening effect, Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, Vol. 40 Issue 11, July 2004, pp.1283-1295.